On my 23rd birthday, I got on a plane to Europe and landed in Reykjavik, Iceland, 5 hours later.
I plan to start off 23 with a mini retirement/ learning sabbatical /inspirational intermission. Length of time? Around 2-3 months.
My mission for this trip is:
1. To see parts of the world I haven't seen before
2. Experience several different cultures/ways of living
3. Figure out my favourite cities/ find inspiration for how I want to plan my future lifestyle
4. Fill my photography portfolio with more travel photography
5. Further educate myself on different parts of the world (in depth and with personal connections)
6. Relax a bit
7. See my friends and create wonderful memories
I think it's important to have these little gaps in between a professional career to step out of a routine, stretch comfort zones and disrupt life (in a good way). New experiences (and meeting new people, sometimes) always bring more insight and learning but they don't always happen by themselves, which is why sometimes you have to create opportunities for things to happen organically...
We shall see what comes about in the next couple of months. I'll keep writing if you keep reading. Deal?